ECG (Electro Cardiogram) Machine
The following diseases diagnosed by an ECG:-
- Tachycardia or Bradycardia.
- Chamber enlargement.
- Myocardia infarction.
- Arrhythmia (eg. AF, SVT, VT, VF)
- Block (1st Degree Heart Block, SA Block, 20 H.B., CHB, RBBB, LBBB)
- Drugs effect (eg. Digoxine effect)
- Extracardiac abnormalities (Electrolyte imbalance such as hypokalaemia, hyperkalaemia, hypo/hypercaemia, low voltage tracing (such as myxodema, hypothermia, emphysaemia)
Echocardiography Machine (4D Machine)
Common indication of echocardiography:
- Assessment of left ventricular function.
- Diagnosis and quantification of severity of valve diseases.
- Identification of vegetation in endocarditis.
- Identification of structural heart diseases in AF.
- Detection of PE.
- Identification of structural heart diseases in systemic embolism.
- Identification of congenital heart diseases ( eg. ASD, VSD, TOF, PDA etc)
ETT (Exercise Tolerances Test) Machine
- To confirm the diagnosis of angina.
- To evaluate stable angina.
- To assess prognosis following myocardial infarction.
- To assess outcome after coronary revascularization. (e.g. coronary angioplasty with stenting.)
- To diagnosis and evaluate the treatment of exercise induced arrhythmia.
24 Hours Holter Monitoring Machine
- Is useful detecting transient episodes of arrhythmia or ischemia. (e.g. Sick Sinus Syndrome, Tachy-Brady arrhythmia)
USE of Cardiac Cath
- CAG (Coronary Angiogram)
- CAG with Angioplasty with Stenting
- Implantation of Permanent pace-maker (PPM) & Temporary pace-maker (TPM)
- Cardiac cath is used for haemodynamic study.
- Pericardial aspiration.
- Percutaneous valovoplasty.